Sunday, August 16, 2009

Thanks for the party!


I just want to say thank you to everyone who came to the party last night. It was awesome to have my families (all three of them!) and my extended family members (we don't do 'friends,' everyone is family :] ) gathered for one last hurrah before I leave. I'm glad I got a chance to see so many people as it will be many months before I get to do so again.

Thank you to those who brought cards and gifts. It certainly was not expected of you but was definitely appreciated. Oh, and special thanks to the Curtis family who bought me luggage, which, you know, is sort of important for traveling haha. :)

So, it's now 6 days before I head down to the airport to embark on my travels. 6 days to get my life for the next year packed into a suitcase. 6 days to say my last goodbyes, tie up loose ends, and say 'I love you and I'll miss you' to as many people as I can. 6 days until my world turns upside-down.

Holy crap, I only have 6 days!

Oh, and good luck to my first host sister Hannah, who I believe is leaving tomorrow for her exchange in Belgium! :D

And here are some pictures from the party (which were a pain to post, by the way...I'm not used to blogspot posting yet >.<)














4 comments:

  1. Lots of elderlier people... umm, I should be there so that there is one young handsome guy presence

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lmao yes, you should be here, but unfortunately you're in Taiwan...and I'll be there in two days!!! Yay! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today is August 23 and we have had a voicemail from Elyse that she is with her host family and have been out for dinner after her arrival. Wondering what she ate? It ahs been an emotional rollero coaster for Trish and I since we bid a teary farewell to Elyse yesterday morning at 8:00. She spent basically 24 hours travelling before being 'at home' with her fist host family.

    We love you Bug!

    Scott & Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow i cant believe you're in Taiwan!!! you're gonna have sooo much fun! love you lots and cant wait to hear your stories!
    xoxoxoxoxox Emmy

    ReplyDelete